I Must Improve the Skills of My Sales People
Lack of Coaching Skills
Most sales managers are promoted into their role due to prior selling
success. Thus they typically don’t come into the job with the specific
management skills needed to understand, motivate and coach
salespeople. Coaching is the most critical role of a sales manager,
yet this is where we typically see weakest skills in our assessment
findings. Some of the common issues:
- Lack of preparation or debriefing of sales calls
- Ineffective handling of joint sales calls
- Not asking good questions
- Rescuing salespeople
- No effective selling system
- Need for approval
- Not getting regular commitments
- Inconsistent coaching and debriefing
- Poor coaching record collection
A sales manager may understand some of these issues but may need to learn how to coach others. The skills and
behaviors that made him a leading salesperson do not necessarily translate to making him a good sales manager.
help you discover the sales management skills needed to coach your team to real selling success.
Call us at (877) 635-5371 for help developing your coaching skills.
Sales Coaching Skill Development
9 Keys to Successful Sales Coaching